And why should you care about it?
Unfortunately or fortunately, when it comes to online dating, pictures are your best face forward. And putting excessive pictures in sunglasses means you either lack confidence or are not comfortable being yourself. Not to forget, have you also noticed how every girl looks drop dead gorgeous and every man handsome as ever in a sunglass? While ekCoffee would generally encourage you to stay away from any “sunglass moment”, there are definitely some do’s and don’ts.
* THE DON’TS *
1. All your pictures are with sunglasses- BIG NO! Why? It puts up an impression that you aren’t confident about your looks & personality. And you want to be liked and dated for who you are as a person and not for who you aren’t.
2. Stay away from any of these. Why? They look pretentious and ostentatious. They come across as pictures that scamy/fake profiles could have and not something real people with real personalities can have.
3. Duck faced sunglass selfie – nope! Why? They make you look shallow, doltish and sort of immature.
4. Dark sunglass selfie- nope! Why? One can hardly make out who this is. Save the better ski pictures for another time.
5. Group sunglass selfie- nope! Why? How would your date even make out which one is you? Also, dating is about you, and you definitely don’t want people to play guessing game.
* THE MAY BE’S*
1. Sporting your personality whilst wearing glasses- umm, may be yes, if you just don’t have a glass-less moment.
Caveat– if you just can’t help it, well any picture that shows off the kind of sports you like (swimming, horse-riding, white water rafting), or brings out your passions (traveling, summer grilling, beach, beach volleyball), or the best of your personality (a full bodied picture with your fav dress, or next to a historical monument) are okay. Again, make sure you have a decent mix of pics with and without sunglasses.